Monday, February 1, 2016

Virus on my camera

This week was another slow one! We haven't had success with investigators, or with inactives, or with less actives. We haven't seen success on the streets. The countless hours we spend on them are spent being rejected, and I still don't know this language. The worst of all is I don't always feel the Spirit while trying my hardest to do my duty.

Though, I love it here. I caught myself saying "I love this place" this week! I told myself, what the heck?! You don't love this place! You hate this place! Fact is, I have found a love for this place beyond my own capacity. I think one of the main reasons for that is I pray for that love constantly throughout the day. I had never experienced how powerful prayer was until that moment.


Here is a pic of my face when I get
a virus on my camera
Hey so I have some bad news for you guys. I had about ten pictures to send, but my SD card got a virus on it and it corrupted the emails I tried to send! I will just describe the pictures instead.

My favorite one was on Uncle Yuri's butt massager. I was throwing out the peace sign, and my description on the email said Peace Out, Girl Scout. Another one said, Don’t bother me, I'm getting a butt massage. Another picture had Uncle Yuri in it. He is pretty much just a Russian version of Benjamin Franklin.  There was also a picture of this truck with a big huge container. You know the truck with the water tank in the movie Holes? haha Yeah, there was a big line of people behind the truck with empty containers to fill. Unlike Holes, the tank was filled with milk!

I also cut Brother Sergei's hair this week. It was hilarious. He pulled up the Internet and started showing all these pics with models with tapers. haha I told him I could do it. The problem was, he only had the buzzer - no attachments, no scissors, no comb. haha It all turned out pretty good. He liked it a lot.

My heart seriously is so bummed out right now. A few hundred pics gone from my camera! I guess this just means we will all get extra blessings this next week.(:

The work is getting a lot easier to do. Strange, it is still hard, but easier, if that makes sense. A lot of it has been in my mindset. I know I am definitely not wasting my time here. I am learning so many good traits and skills, and even though my success can't be measured by numbers, neither should success be measured by numbers. I know that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing.

Well, we are going to get haircuts right now. I love and miss you guys.(:

I love you all!
Elder Weston

No comments:

Post a Comment