Monday, February 29, 2016

So glad I don't get electrocuted anymore

My black pants have not been
coming in clutch, but they have
made me a professional sewer.
Last bleen with
Elder Watterson
Just winding down another preparation day. This one has been particularly long. We had to move into a new apartment because of a new Russian law. Hectic, but this one came with its bonuses! For the first part, our new apartment is pretty sweet, and for the second we have needed a new one for a while now. Why, you ask? I started getting electrocuted here and there in the bathroom a while ago when I’d wash my hands or shower. My companion thought I was crazy. Then he started feeling it. Then it became part of regular life, and by the time we left we couldn't even put our hands in the bathroom sink without being electrocuted! It was the worst! So now, not only do we have a nice apartment, but we also don't get electrocuted every morning. (:
Museum called Panorama. About
the Battle of Stalingrad

Inside museum
Dad, that is great you are doing ward choir. I miss the one at the MTC. Russians are terrible at singing. Have fun at your work conference. I love our zone conferences. It’s crazy, we sit in a room for 8 hours (teenagers) and are totally into what is being taught. The discussions we have are awesome.

I want one of these when
I get home
Lessons are going great with Brother Sasha for temple prep. He has an interview with President Ekart this Sunday. We will teach him another lesson tomorrow and try to help him understand temples a little bit more.

Other than that we don't have a lot going on in Red Army. I am fine with going through hard times and not having a lot of investigators, but today was eye opening for me. We were moving into our new apartment and Brother Komy (1st counselor) was helping. Two people started yelling at him. They said that he shouldn't be helping us move in because we are satanists. They followed us into the apartment, but eventually they went away. Brother Komy was pretty upset and I felt bad. I guess I never realized that our members go through a lot of the same trials that the missionaries do.
I want one of these too

And one of these
Anyways, this has given me a little more motivation to just work a little harder, and let people know who we are. The media has hurt our image so much and I want to change that! I don’t know, this place keeps on feeling like it is going to start exploding with success but then never does. I am hopeful though.

I love this place. I know this church is true.


Elder Weston
The museum works up to this panoramic painting
that shows what it would look like to view Stalingrad
during the war

No comments:

Post a Comment