Monday, February 22, 2016

Cats falling from the sky

Milk truck. Mmmm, so thirsty.
This week was pretty fun! We attended a funeral, which was held just right outside our house, open casket and everything. haha It was way random. We get outside and boom, there is a dead person. haha Also something that was funny this week, we were street preaching when we hear a bunch of cats making the heat noise they make, which in Russia is the equivalent of bluebirds chirping in Utah. Anyways, all of a sudden these two cats fall from the sky and make a huge thud, one falls on a car and one falls on the concrete. I guess they were up in a tree. haha We couldn't stop laughing.
Selfie of the week

I spoke for the first time in church this week, so my Russian is getting better. I have the phone now, so I do a lot of the calls. If the person calling is an old person I make sure to hand it to Elder Watterson because old people are super hard to understand, but I get by! The last couple weeks my Russian has gotten a lot better. I don't see it myself, but one person that we have been working with was like, what the, you speak Russian now? haha It was pretty cool.

Watterson trying to look serious
So, you guys had ribs on Sunday? Man I miss ribs. You don’t see barbecue here in Russia. I don't really have any good Russian recipes yet, though I am working on it. The Armenians are the ones known for making good food, so I will have to find a good Armenian family.

It actually just got super cold this week. There is snow everywhere again now. Big storm yesterday!

Not quite MOTAB.
Transfers are coming up, but I am pretty sure I am going to stay in Red Army. I will probably have a new comp though. President Miner gives hints in his interviews.

This week has been really good though. We had zone conference! That was really cool and then also spent a lot of time with our branch missionary! He has been handing out pass along cards, which I put his number on. He has gotten 15 call backs! It is so cool because we never get call backs! We are going to try and set up an appointment with one of them today! 


The work is really slow here but it is just a matter of time before it starts picking up! I can feel it! The church is true!



Zone conference


No comments:

Post a Comment