Monday, December 28, 2015

Year coming to an end

What do you do when you
have extra money?
Buy candy.
Great week this week! The end of the year is coming and I think the Rostov Mission ended with around 45ish baptisms this year! I have been getting along with my companion a lot better. I decided to change my attitude, and it has made such a big difference! I love it here so much! My companion and I were struggling a bit the first couple of weeks but now we are getting along great! We just ate this stuff called шорма and it is so good! Plus I got to talk to my family, so that definitely made it the best week so far.(:
Typical missionary breakfast.
Pomegranate, yogurt, OJ, and
hash browns with ketchup

On Thursday we got our first street referral! His name is Igor. I had never felt so blessed. It was weird but I felt as if everyone's prayers back at home for me had been answered! I was so excited, on  Friday we were going to call him, go to the Christmas party, and go to a less active's house.

Saw the family. Mom cried.
What a baby.
So we went to the Christmas party and it wasn't so great. It wasn't very well planned and it was just kind of awkward overall. We had a couple of potentials there so I was a bit worried and was hoping they didn't get scared off. Then it turns out that the inactive guy we were really hoping to get a hold of moved. We were really bummed because he used to help so much in the branch! Then we decided we would just call Igor. We called a few times, and the call wouldn't go through. We had gotten the wrong number!

Homeland Mother statue. Taller than
the Statue of Liberty.
By that point I decided I was officially doing nothing here in Russia, and that the prayer of my family and my prayers had not been answered. I had been here for three weeks and still no investigator. M and my companion went for a walk and my companion noticed I wasn't being myself. He sat me down and talked to me. I told him how I felt and that we weren't getting anything done. The Spirit came so strong when we were talking on that bench. We spoke for a couple of minutes, and I realized how dumb I was being and told him let's go get some work done. We street taught for a couple hours then went back inside to go to bed.

Russian Orthodox cathedral
Volgograd
On Sunday one of the inactives we have reactivated decided to help us with our missionary work. I think he is going to be the next branch missionary. He came and taught with us a bit and went through some people that he knew that he wants to talk to with us. Then we went and street taught. We taught this deaf person and we are actually going to go teach him after this. We also got another street referral with him! Once we said goodbye to him we street preached for another couple of hours and found someone who speaks English and now he is a referral too!

Whenever things get hard, just push a little harder. I love this gospel so much. It has blessed me so much.

Thank you for your prayers, I know they were answered this week.


Elder Weston
Haven't worked out much lately. Still buff.










No comments:

Post a Comment