Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Final Week at the MTC

Temple walk
Had a super fun week!

It's going to be sad saying goodbye to all of my brothers and sisters that I've been with for the last 8 weeks. It's all good though. I am so excited! Finally get to go start doing the Lord’s work every day! 

Last Wednesday I had a pretty cool experience. After I was done emailing we went and played some sand volleyball. I was about to play with my socks on when I mustered up the courage to play with them off. I stepped in the sand and decided I was too big of a wimp and immediately put them back on. haha So after we were done playing I took my socks off and walked back to the dorm. We were almost to the MTC campus when I noticed I had dropped a sock somewhere.
Scarf crew

District pic
I told my companion and we decided we would go check and see where I dropped it. When we got to the gate where we leave the MTC I stopped and said it was no big deal and we could go back. My companion said no it's fine, so we walked up to the gate and at the same time an old Asian man pressed the button to open the gate for us (he was leaving the MTC also). As we went through we said thanks and held the door for him then my companion and I ran to the stoplight, which was red. I could see my sock in the distance, positioned weird so that I knew it was my sock. I waited there at the stoplight with my companion when a thought came to my head saying it wasn't an accident you had dropped your sock. I turned around and the old Asian man was behind me. I asked him what brought him to the MTC. His response was - I came to learn more about your church. I couldn't believe it. We started talking and he asked us where we were going, we told him Russia. He said Oh so do you know Elder Jorgenson?
Portray and Gasio
from Bingham!
Elder Jorgenson is in our zone!
Getting creative with the
electro shocker

The old guy told us that Jorgenson lived in his neighborhood and he knew him a little bit so he wanted to see him today and talk to him but he couldn't find him. I told the guy that we could all meet up and talk about our church? He said how about 4 next Wednesday!

So I am going to be meeting with him at 4 today! I am so pumped!

Elder Jorgenson says his family all goes to church and he has seen the guy there a few times, but he is not really active I guess! I am pretty excited because I know that I was supposed to bump into him. There is no doubt in my mind. It wasn't chance that out of the small amount of people compared to the 1500 people that are in the MTC we knew the guy he was looking for. I know that.

I love these mountains. They are so
beautiful at sunset. When I get
home, maybe I'll have to climb
them with my grandpa
Someone broke this exit sign
I think my whole life I asked myself, what if this church isn't true. That was the wrong question. I should have been asking myself, what if this church is true. I bear witness that this is the true church. I know this because the book I read every day has bore witness to that.

I won't be able to hear from you for a while! I will probably email in two Mondays though! Anyways keep safe! Next time you hear from me I will be in Russia!

Love you all!!


Elder Weston

No comments:

Post a Comment