| Volga river. I walk across this river every day. |
For some reason this
week we got triple the money in our food budget. We called the office and they
just told us to make it rain. haha We ate really well this week! Cooking’s
good. My comp likes to cook so that is nice, most of the time we have the same
desires for food so that is awesome. Grocery stores are cool. There is such a
strange variety! Nothing too strange though. I have not had tacos. They have
flour tortilla here but no corn.
You asked about the picture
I sent last week with the keys. The saw key is how we get into the building and
the other big one is for locking up the place with a double. The mission house
has ten deadbolts, a couple on each side and top and bottom of the doors. I
think ours has 5.
| Did not spend the extra food money on any of this. |
Area is not bad. It is
just super muddy! For the most part I’m never really worried! It is just super
different here. haha It’s been really tough, not gunna lie. Have really been
focusing on the subject of happiness as a choice and dealing with my current
situation. The language is hard, but that’s okay.
I think we are going
to see the Motherland Statue next pday.
And yeah my comp filled me in in our history here. I have been trying to talk
to him about those things. He really likes history so we talk about it a lot.
Our branch is great!
We only have 10 active members and there are about 60 inactives! The 10 people
that are active though are so solid! We are going to have a big Christmas party
and invite a lot of people so I hope that goes well. We are doing this play
where I am a lion, and I roar in it. Though in Russia a lion’s roar sounds more
like a kitten purring. haha They just sent Elders here for the first time in
over a year so maybe some change will give it the boost that is much needed!
Well this week I have
never struggled more. It has been really hard to feel like I am a missionary,
and no matter how hard I work it doesn't seem to make a difference. So I just
smile and try to grind through it, and just be happy, because I love this
Gospel.
I love you all
Elder Weston
No comments:
Post a Comment