| Settlers of Khatan, all expansion packs for P-day. |
That is so crazy that Johnny is going into the field! Glad
to hear he did a good job on his talk! And mom and dad, good job on going to
the gym each day! Elder Anderson and I have been eating pretty good and working
out hard this week too!! Oh, and I am so jealous I didn't get to see Kelly
going hard on the dance floor at Maddi’s reception!
| Put my glasses in Looda's case. She was so confused. |
We had a really good week this week! Elder Anderson and I
have been seeing potentials coming out of nowhere! In the last two weeks we
have had three people just walk into the branch! Working on our basic finding
skills, talking to potentials on WhatsApp, and finding and doing service at
different places, we are pretty sure we can get three new investigators this
week!
| With out Russian Orthodox friends They let me play the bells. |
We are trying to find many different ways to find people
right now. I don't know if there is just one thing that volunteers can do to
find, but I feel like if we stay creative and do a lot of things we can't go
wrong! One idea we are going to try is to start meeting with Pavel Kirokosyan
at the church and talking to him about missionary work! He has such a big
family there has to be someone that wants to hear the gospel! We also know that
he and his brothers cut down a bunch of trees by their house and now they have
to move all of those trees, so we are going to ask him if we could do that with
them this week.
| Our Russian Orthodox friends. |
Unfortunately, Nikita said he doesn't want to be baptized
yet, and so we canceled the baptismal date! He knows it is all true, but he is
just afraid to take the step of baptism. It is so hard to see him struggling to
make this decision because I know how much he can get from receiving the
gospel! This week in priesthood, Brother Butenko said that he doesn't think
there would be a Butenko family if the missionaries hadn't knocked on his and
his wife’s door 20 years ago! It really made me realize the importance of the
work I am doing now and how it is going to have an effect on the people I teach
for years to come. Having all that said, it is sometimes hard to be patient
with your investigators. I will do my best though!
| Planning a branch party. |
| In the party room hittin' some hard beats. |
I feel really good about the work Elder Anderson and I are
doing. We have experienced a lot of success lately and while discussing that we
have come to the conclusion that although we are imperfect, we are truly trying
each day to do better. It always feels better on the mission when you are
continually striving to do something better!
Love you guys!
Eder Weston
| Coming home from the branch party. |
No comments:
Post a Comment