Wednesday, May 17, 2017

I'm 21

Visiting Looda with the Taylors
​​Hey guys!

Better than a cake
Great week! We were able to get a lot of work done and a lot of progress is going on in our area right now. Our investigator Nikita is still on track for his baptismal date for the 24th. He is a little scared because he is not sure if he is ready to make this big step. He believes it is all true, he just wants to make sure he is doing everything right. We will have a new convert participate on his next lesson that is his age who had some of the same doubts. I'm sure that will settle his doubts!

Looking fresh, ready for Victory Day
On our way
We got a few new investigators this week! One of them randomly just walked into the church after one of our lessons. We are going to try our best to keep up finding this week by doing new service! Which reminds me of a story. We went to a new English club this week and they gave us a 2nd grade level English test. Elder Anderson and I somehow both received Fs on the test. ​We were so confused! The manager was also confused when we both told her we were Americans! haha It turns out that the teacher who corrected our tests didn't know English very well. I hope she doesn't get fired because of us.

Had to stop and pose
Waiting for the parade
Lots of other stuff happened this week. We went fishing in the Don with some members. My fishing skills were on full display. Also, Russia celebrated Victory Day this week. That is a huge holiday. All the missionaries get to wear regular clothes and participate in the activities, so everyone buys a new P-day outfit to look fresh. It was also my birthday, so I took some member kids out to McDonalds. A great week.

Victory Day is huge in Russia
The best, of course, was to see you guys. Even though I miss you so much, it has not been much of a sacrifice. God has given me so much more than I could have done for myself. I am so grateful to serve here. I am going to do my best to make these last five months the best ones that I can!​ (And try to get some good abs while I'm at it.)

Getting off now. Love you guys!

Elder Weston
Wrong color balloons
Looda had some shoes for me
to try on

McDonald's on my birthday

Goin fishin
Not lost
Still not lost
Okay, maybe lost
You can't tell from the picture, but my
cast was almost all the way across
the river
Teach them to fish, yadda, yadda


Another pose

Trump says it best. Huge.


No comments:

Post a Comment