![]() |
| New duds. Ready for winter. |
Member work is going alright! We were two lessons
below what president wants us to be doing though we did 10 hours of service
this week and the mission average was five! So that was pretty cool!
I continue to be really impressed with my district. We
had a really spiritual district meeting last week. Traktorney wasn't the best
this week. Nobody showed up. Part of the reason is that the Nikitinis have been
going to Center lately, which is awesome! They have the little daughter named Masha
and it is a lot more beneficial to be going to church with people her age down
in Center! Sergei and his brother didn’t
make it though! We were not able to get in touch with them so it might have
been just because of work. Another concern is Vanya, the young kid that was
coming while school was going on and then went to Saratov for the summer to
live with his grandma. I was talking with a member about him and she was saying
that even for him to be coming to church he needs permission from his mom, who
is pretty against the church. So we will see how that goes.
For service this week we went to an orphanage and did yard
work for them! It was great and we really touched the heart of one of the workers
that was helping us. We will continue to visit them every week or every other.
This week the other elders found some service for the Red Cross! So we
will be doing that with them.
I have reflected a lot on the words of James 1:27.
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction,and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
When I’m not as productive with my volunteer work I have
felt so crappy. But I’m realizing, even small things like visiting the English
club or the orphanage help me feel so much better about the work that we are
doing here! I have really felt the power of true religion.
I love you all so much! Have a good week!



No comments:
Post a Comment