![]() |
| Branch picnic. |
Things are starting to work out in Red Army! We have been
able to get in touch with and start working with 2 inactives that wouldn't give
us the time of day in the past. We also had a picnic this morning and met 10
Armenians that are friends of Brother Kumoo! We had a great time with them,
playing soccer and eating shashlik (Armenian barbeque)! We have a new
investigator and his name is Steven. He reminds me of a hippie. During the meeting
he mentioned that he already knows that the Book of Mormon is true! Elder Shoenfield
and I didn't feel like a baptismal commitment was right yet, so we are hoping it
will work out next time.
![]() |
| New Armenian friends. |
I don't know why stuff has been working out for us lately! I
almost feel like we don't deserve it, because we have just been doing the same
things we have always been doing. It's just the Lord's timing, I guess.
Being on a mission, I notice things I need to work on, maybe
things I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't out here. In accordance with the
Lord's timing, I have noticed that one by one, he reveals my faults to me. That
way, I am never too stressed out, and am always given the opportunity to not
become complacent.
![]() |
| Shashlik. |
It is interesting, though, how you improve on yourself. You
could read books, listen to leaders, watch informational clips, but that will
never change you. Change comes with action. You are not truly changed until you
act. It is interesting that this directly translates to faith. Faith is acting on
the things we believe in. I guess this is why the lord judges us based off our
works.
![]() |
| Package!!! |
9 For I, the Lord, will judge all men according to their
works, according to the desire of their hearts.
Though there is much more to this verse than just telling us
that we get to heaven based off our works. It also tells us how we accomplish
those works, and it is simply from desire. Elder Neal A. Maxwell once said
"Therefore, what we insistently desire, over time, is what we will
eventually become and what we will receive in eternity."
![]() |
| Among other things in package . . . taco makings!!!! Um, what kind of drink is that in the corner, Elder? |
Don't get me wrong, it is not like I never have a bad
desire. I have a lot of them, but that is part of our nature. Though I would
say that it is the desires that we act upon that shape us. Once we act upon
those righteous desires we will more consistently desire those things.
![]() |
| Yard figurines. Way less expensive than garden gnomes. |
![]() |
| 7 months without tacos. It's been tough. |
I am so grateful to be in this church that helps me know
which desires of mine will change me into the person I am meant to be. As I act
on those desires I never feel alone. I know Christ is with me shaping me into
the person I am meant to become.
I love you guys!
Elder Weston
![]() |
| Birthday presents from mom. They will stay unopened until my birthday . . . maybe. |








No comments:
Post a Comment