Well, this week has been a week of adventure!
First off, we get a call late at night from one of our less
active members to fill up the tub and any buckets we have with water because
the water is going to be shut off for a while.
![]() |
| Proselyting along the Volga |
So we do that and when we wake up the next day, all the water drained out of the bathtub! haha For the first day we tried to live off all
of the buckets of water, but then we were presented with the problem of how to
flush the toilet. This was pretty worrisome because the stores don't sell water,
really. You have to order it and then it comes in a day or so. The stores only
have water bottles that are sold separately! haha We decided that that was going to
be what we had to do but to our great surprise, one store did have big jugs of
water for dumb Americans, like us.
Another event that came from this is that my companion made
a bet with me that we were going to see someone doing their business in the
streets. To my great surprise, it didn't take long. We even saw a girl right
next to our branch building!
It's been rough! haha All is good now, though, and we have
water. Just not hot water yet!
![]() |
| WWI lighter I picked up |
Other than that this week has been a little bit slow! We
keep thinking we find the right person that is going to work out and
progress, but then it just doesn't work out! Elder Schoenfeld and I are still
working hard though! Just looking for that one person!
Well I just want to share something I have learned out on
the mission. You can't do something effective if you don't have a desire to do
it! This is a crucial part to missionary work that I did not fully grasp at the
beginning of my mission. A lot of my work was putting my head down and just
powering through. I have come to realize that I need the desire to do
missionary work in order to do it effectively. I have noticed that just like
Alma 37 says, the Lord works through small and simple things!
![]() |
| Let your light shine. Even if it is a cigarette lighter. |
I think there is a difference between a desire and a want. A
desire is something you want enough to the point where you want to work on it. A
want is simply just something you want. So like I said, I have been trying to
work on this, and in remembering Alma 37 I have set small goals to help me
tackle my dreams, such as being the missionary I've always wanted to be. I
notice that as I set these goals, each day I am coming closer to my vision.
I have been blessed so much from doing small simple things.
I know that we can't give the Lord much, but he always gives back more, and
that is how we achieve our dreams.
I love you all and invite you all to think about a dream you
have for yourself. Change one small thing about your day. I promise that as you
watch that one small thing you will start to develop a desire to do more, and
God will be next to you helping you along the way.
I love you guys!
Elder Weston



No comments:
Post a Comment