Tuesday, July 11, 2017

2 dollar watches

Angel on his baptism day!
Yes, Mom, we teach Angel in English. He speaks three languages, though he speaks better English than Russian. His Russian isn't too good because he has only been here for eight months! But everything went great at his baptism!! Super busy this week! We stayed busy getting Angel ready for baptism, our calling as secretaries, and work in the office. We have been doing a lot with President Butenko and with the branch council. We had a great branch council yesterday, which was really cool! The leadership, especially President Butenko, is really maturing!

Flamenco dancing. I think.
That Beatles concert sounded fun, Mom. I’m glad you and dad went with the Packs and Wilsons! I miss those guys so much! They were both second families to me! Oh, to answer your question about all the two-dollar watches I brought out with me, they are all broken! Go figure. Elder Fisher forgot a watch at the apartment that I started wearing though, but that watch is also broken now too. ha ha

Love days like this!
I am really looking forward to zone conference this week! The Krasnodar zone all sound very pleased with how things went and it will be interesting to see how it affects their missionary work! Especially with converting potential investigators into investigators. We are going to follow up tonight to see how the volunteers have responded to the zone conference!

Although the mission isn’t going to study 1st Nephi 1 anymore, I had a great study about it this week! One verse that stood out to me was verse 3:

And I know that the record which I make is true; and I make it with mine own hand; and I make it according to my knowledge.

Genya fell asleep on my
lap during Sacrament. I
totally though it was Scotty
for a moment! :)
When I read “record” in this verse I thought about my life. I thought about my own record. Who is writing my record? Am I writing my record the way I want it to be written? Am I letting other people or bad tendencies affect my writing? To what degree is the knowledge of the restored gospel affecting the way I write my record?

The truth is that we are the ones that write our records. No one else. People influence us and temptations arise but the only hands that write our record are our own.

I love the Book of Mormon and the knowledge it can give you in just a few lines! I am so grateful for my mission and that it has given me an opportunity to read and understand it.


I go on that visa trip next week. Have a good week! Love you guys! (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment