Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Tithing can be a stretch

I gave Simon the Priesthood
on Sunday.
Great week this week! Elder Burgoyne and I have been meeting with a guy named Georgi. He wants to be baptized, believes in the church, and would be a good member. The only problem is, he only gets 100 dollars for his pension each month to live off. So he says he can’t pay tithing. He lives in really rough circumstances and it definitely would be a big stretch on his faith to be baptized. We talked to President Butenko and we are going to have a meeting at his house this week. We want to help him understand that tithing is a question of faith, not of money. Georgi understands that, and so he has been praying for an answer on what he should do. Hopefully this week we will be able to help resolve his concerns.
I think this picture speaks
for itself.

We have also been teaching Angel our Mexican investigator! Elder Burgoyne and I actually set a baptismal date with him this week for the 8th of July! He has come so far in the last couple of weeks. He has a great light about him!

We often hear Elders and Sisters say that they are having a hard time converting potential investigators to investigators. We both read this talk from​ Elder Clayton M. Christensen called Seven Lessons on Sharing the Gospel.
Photoshoot

Elder Christensen describes how a person got interested in the gospel because he asked him to come help him do service. He had tried several times to invite him to a meeting, but when he invited him to come do service with him he agreed without any complaints. I think one thing we could do is we could start organizing service projects where we could involve members and potentials.

​I had a really cool experience during the sacrament this week. ​While thinking about the things I had done wrong that week, I started to have a bad attitude towards myself. Words didn’t necessarily come to my mind but a thought did. It was this, "God's opinion of who you are never changes."
with

Sopha
What this means to me is that he already knows the trials and mistakes I am going to make. He still sent me where I am in my mission at this specific time. He still gave me the talents that I have, even the ones that I should use more often, and he still loves me. His opinion has never changed.


Have a good week. (: Love and miss you all. (:
Thuggin with Looda.

No comments:

Post a Comment