Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Taxi contacting

They have a few miles left in them.
​Great week this week! We were able to pick up an investigator we met in a taxi. His name is Yuri. He is atheist, but he is really excited to try religion out and see if he could get an answer. I am so blessed to be in the true church where I can tell people without a doubt that they will receive an answer from God through prayer if they are truly sincere.

Day in the sun
Roman, one of our other investigators, said that he will start reading the BoM every day. Nikita has been on vacation for two weeks but hasn't smoked since he committed to not smoke. Though, I won't be teaching these guys anymore. I am going to go and serve with Elder Burgoyne to be an assistant to the president with him. It will be fun to be with President Miner more often! He has been my role model my whole mission. I am sure there is a lot ahead of me to learn!

I am sad to leave Elder Anderson. When I was transferred here to Rostov, I had an all or nothing attitude when it came to a few of my goals. I let him know about that and he supported me the whole transfer dealing with that kind of attitude. I am so grateful for him and the transfer I had with him.
Pic of our Mexican
investigator, Angel.

That said, I am so excited to be back with Elder Burgoyne this transfer! He has been one of my best friends on the mission. He is also such a great person and will be a great example for me on how to be in this new position.

I had a great study in Alma 41 this week. It really helped me understand why our desires are so important. One of my favorite verses is verse 8:
Headache massager

Now, the decrees of God are unalterable; therefore, the way is prepared that whosoever will may walk there in and be saved.

So here it says that the laws of God cannot be changed. Law is law. Therefore (knowing that we are imperfect) the way is prepared. We have a Savior. That who​so​ever will walk on the path (desire to, strive to) may be saved.

Looda with her cat
Stumbling upon this verse was a cool experience because there is so much truth in it! This is what our church teaches, that we are all imperfect, we all need the atonement in our lives, and if we will continually apply the atonement in our lives and strive to be better, we will be saved.

Yes, we love Looda
I know that this church is true. I know that if you want to change, if you turn to him, he will bring you out of the darkness and save you. I know that my savior lives and because he lives we will all be risen at the last day.

Love you guys thanks for writing to me. I love hearing from you! It is seriously so much fun to hear from you guys. It always makes me happy. (:

Love you!


Elder Weston​
The boys

No comments:

Post a Comment