Monday, April 3, 2017

Cinnamon Roll Cookoff

Our profile pic on Whatsapp. We
got smart phones this week!
Dad, I’m glad you made your cinnamon rolls for conference weekend. Keep up that tradition! But when I get home we might have to have a cinnamon roll cook off. I bet I make better ones than you by now!

Our investigator, Felix, is getting there! In fact, he came to church this week! So that was really good. Mom, I’m glad the missionary moms’ book club met this week! hahaha I love it! Also, I’m glad you were able to go to Maddi’s endowment. Good to hear the Packs are doing so well.

Some of my thoughts that I have been having can be summed up in a talk I heard by Elder Christofferson this morning entitled Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread. When looking at my goals I can't help but pay the most attention to the vision I have and not the day-to-day goals. As time goes on I can get discouraged and give up when I don't get what I want as soon as I would like. I often have the all-or-nothing attitude.

Felix shredding
I have tried to learn about this subject and really enjoyed Elder Chistofferson’s talk. One story particularly stood out to me. Elder Christofferson's mother was receiving radiation treatments and was on the verge of giving up when she had this conversation with her mother:

“Oh, Mother, I can’t stand having 16 more of those treatments.” 
Her mother said, “Can you go today?” 
“Yes.” 
“Well, honey, that’s all you have to do today.”

Russian ham-fried rice made
with buckwheat.
This helped me understand visions better. We can only work on our dreams day by day. God doesn't just reward us with a lot of power to get done what we want to do in our lives. He does this, I think, for several reasons. He expects that we will put in all of our own efforts, also he expects that we will rely wholly upon him. This process helps us grow faith, humility, diligence, and many other attributes that are necessary to becoming the person that we all are striving to be.

I want to work on that this week.

I love you all and hope you have a good week.(:



Elder Weston


No comments:

Post a Comment