Monday, March 20, 2017

Transfer to Rostov

Some dish art that I made.
Great week this week!

It must be springtime because it is getting really muddy here.

Okay, Dad, I’m mad at Scotty if he’s saying he doesn’t really like taco night anymore! Scott needs to be sent to Russia and then we will see how much he misses them. I have thought about this a lot, and I won't marry someone who isn't as passionate as I am about our tacos. So that will add one to our little club. Don't worry.

Elder Williams, the dish art critic.
Transfers this week. Elder Williams is staying and will be serving with Elder David. I will be going to Rostov to serve as Zone leader with Elder Burgoyne. I am super pumped! There is going to be a lot of stuff that we do and I will be super busy. Plus, Elder Burgoyne is super cool! I have sent pics of him before. We are pretty good friends.

No news about Viktor yet. I did talk with him on the phone once and he is doing good, but not much news as to what happened. It is hard to get ahold of him because of the time difference.

A parting gift from Tanya.
One of the highlights of this week was meeting one of our ping pong club members’ parents! How it all started was we were talking about cars with Ilya (the club member) and he told me about his dad’s Lexus. I told him that was really cool and then he said he'll have his dad drive us around to check out the car. It was a really nice car. I think we made a really good impression on the dad and they had us over for dinner on Sunday night and it was awesome. They fed us, played cards with us, and we told them a little about our church and about prayer! They said they are going to keep in touch with Elder Williams and probably have the missionaries over another time!

Eating at Margerita's
It was pretty sad saying goodbye to Novo! All the babushkas were crying when I got up to speak for my final talk. I have been here for a while and have made some really good friends. I will miss them. Though, I told them to get a baptism so that I could see them soon. Hopefully that happens. Peter is showing progress and Sunday during priesthood he was really interested in the lesson and didn't want it to stop!

Elder Williams is doing awesome! He is a little nervous taking over the area but he will do fine. He has already been taking over a lot of the work and has been playing a bigger role in lessons. Training was really fun. I think I grew just as much as Elder Williams did.

Saying goodbye to Margerita
This week I read a talk by Ezra Taft Benson. He spoke about the Book of Mormon and how much it has done for our church, yet, we treat it lightly sometimes. Lately, even though I read it every day, I haven't been searching and pondering it like I should. I learned how important it is to seek wisdom from it and give your all to it when reading. Changing my attitude and really doing my best to get something personal out of what I am reading has changed me. The Book of Mormon is the main source of information that the wisest men on this Earth pull from. Why would we treat this book so lightly? My testimony has definitely grown this week while trying my best to learn from it.

​Love you!


Elder Weston
The Legendary Arseni came to church by himself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment