| Two dudes in the cold |
A good week this week! We have more and more new faces at
church each week. People are also starting to come more consistently.
We have great less actives that we have found and some
that are still really struggling. One of the better examples came from 7-year-old
Arseni this week. He has been a great example to his less active family and
makes at least one of them show up to church each week. We also had a less
active at church this week named Tamara. Unfortunately, she left after the
second hour, mad that we have a three hour service. She said she is not going
to come to church anymore. She tried to get others, specifically our new
convert Tanya to leave with her. It was cool that all of our members stood
firm, but were still nice to Tamara and tried their best to help her calm down.
Another great thing that happened this week was Oksana
came to our branch party after church! The members made her feel very welcome
and she wants to start coming to our seminary class that we hold with one of
our young adults each week! She is definitely drawn to our church. It is just a
matter of when she realizes why she is being drawn back to this church!
| I look good . . . mostly because it's out of focus. |
Those pictures with the chainsaw was service for a lady who
chops wood with an axe to heat her house! Elder Williams and I figured out how
to get the chainsaw and got her a month or so worth of wood!
I want to share something I shared with my branch this
week during our meeting. I particularly think of my sister while typing this.
On my mission, one of the greatest lessons I have learned and continue to learn
is that happiness is a choice. As hard as that may be to accept or do, it has
always been our choice. 2nd Nephi 2 has become one of my favorite chapters in
the Book of Mormon. Especially in the end of verse fourteen where it mentions
that there are things to act and things to be acted upon. So, more
specifically, happiness isn't just a choice, it is our choice.
| Fried cinnamon, sugar, chicken, toast. Yeah, I wasn't man enough to try it. |
I can't think of a better example than him that shows that
happiness is a choice. Though what do we need to choose? That is answered in
verse 27
27 Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men . . .
We are free to choose and the choice is to turn to the
great mediator. If we can make that simple yet life changing decision in our
lives we will be happy, even in the hardest of times. If we really try to
identify with him, and try our very best to seek him through prayer, we will
find happiness. Our sorrows only give us a better understanding of what Jesus
went through described in this beautiful verse written by Isiah:
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Great pictures this week! Paige is looking really cute without her braces! Mom,
everything is holding up so don't worry! For the next package, my favorite
things are pictures, cards, and Jolley Rancher Chews.(: Paigey, I love you and
I think about you often. I hope you are hanging in there. I wish I could be
with you and go through some of the stuff you are going through. I love
you!
Elder Weston
| What you have to do to maintain that bod. |
No comments:
Post a Comment