Hey!!
 |
| Had borscht with Tanya |
Been sick a little this week. I’ve had a bad throat with
stomach problems and migraines, though I am feeling better now!! Mom, I was
thinking, I will feel so privileged to be part of your lunch club when I get
home!! I hope I am invited!
 |
Cabbage soup. Who would think it tasted so good. |
This week was full of working with less actives! One of them
came to church with his seven-year old son for the second Sunday in a row! He
has never done that in the whole five months I have served here. I have been
trying to encourage the branch president to sit down and talk with this less-active
about baptizing his son. The branch president however isn't too fond of
baptizing young people because they hardly know what they are doing. Perhaps I
will just speak with the less-active and ask him what he thinks about the idea.
We would have to sit down with the son and teach him a lot. Though, when we do
go over and give a lesson to the dad, the son usually sticks around and will
give the opening prayer.
 |
| Шашлык |
We still have not spoken with Viktor, our less active who
went to Kiev. We talked with one of his friends and she said he was going to
stay in Ukraine for a while. She wasn't sure why but that was all she knew.
Our other recent convert Tanya is doing good. We sat down
with her this week and had borscht with her. We still meet with her often
because she doesn't understand the gospel very well but she loves us and she
loves to talk about her baptism still!
 |
| Shashlik for you uninitiated |
It has been a good week with Elder Williams! He has come
so far since I first met him. His hard work is definitely paying off! He still
gets down from time-to-time and gets discouraged. Learning the language teaches
you so many valuable lessons, and one he is learning right now is patience! I
spoke with him about some of the lessons he is learning specifically about
faith, hope, and charity. He has been studying those this week and has realized
how much faith, hope, and charity it requires to do this work the right way. It
is a higher price to pay rather than just going through the motions, but it is
definitely a more excellent way. In the end everything fits into place and you
reap your rewards. The more and more you work your spiritual muscles of faith,
hope, and charity the easier it is to see that no blessings are denied to the
faithful.
I shared with you last week what I enjoyed about the mission
conference, but I still can't get those verses out of my head speaking about
things to act and things to be acted upon.
 |
Made some Chinese, too. You notice how often I talk about food? |
13 And if ye shall say there is no law, ye shall also say
there is no sin. If ye shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no
righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness. And if
there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment nor misery. And
if these things are not there is no God. And if there is no God we are not,
neither the earth; for there could have been no creation of things, neither to
act nor to be acted upon; wherefore, all things must have vanished away.
14 And now, my
sons, I speak unto you these things for your profit and learning; for there is
a God, and he hath created all things, both the heavens and the earth, and all
things that in them are, both things to act and things to be acted upon.
I am so confident that we have a choice in front of us
all the time to act or to be acted upon. I hope all of you understand the
importance of that and choose to act and not be acted upon.(:
Love you so much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment