 |
Looks a little bit like a Peter and the
Wolf set up. |
Yesterday was kind of rough. It started off at church. I translated
all day while trying to manage things. Earlier in the week we bumped into one
of our investigators on a bus, one we had lost contact with. He said he was
going to come to church but never did. Also we had a less active at church that
I have never met! That was great! Translating was harder than I thought it would be. I haven't
spent much time translating. This is something I can definitely improve upon. After
sacrament the branch president’s wife asked me to do the lesson for the 2nd
hour. I did that and then after I had to translate a bunch of interviews with
president. The interviews were hard. It is easier to translate a discussion.
 |
But no, I was there to
protect Elder Williams |
Margerita had asked me a question earlier about whether the
prophet gets paid. I told her I wasn't sure. Yesterday, she asked President
Miner and he said the prophet does get money for food, travel, and a home. Margerita
went home and looked on Wikipedia and apparently it said Thomas S. Monson is a
millionaire from tithing and stuff. She called the branch president’s wife and
was upset. It was tense for a little while. I called Margerita and was on the
phone with her for a while and got an appointment set up for today.
 |
This could be rare footage
of Spider-Man in winter |
The lesson with her went great. She has a rock-solid
testimony of so many things. We talked with her about the plan of salvation and
prayer. It went very well and she said she is already starting to feel okay
again. I am so happy about this because she has been such a key member to the
success we have seen in Novocherkassk. She is also super close to me so it is
hard to see her go through such a trial. I left her with a few videos about President
Monson and also his testimony on her computer. I told her when she is ready she
could pray about him and watch the videos.
 |
Or it could be me doing
service in a place I
shouldn't |
Training is coming along, but the culture shock can be so tough. I
remember. Elder Williams is starting to adjust. He has been working really hard
on the language. He is hard on himself, and I tell him that all he
can do is try to improve and learn. I know how it feels. Sometimes that doesn't
feel like enough. I tell him our mindset is directly connected to our
faith. If he keeps doing what he is doing he will get the hang of missionary
work in no time.
Hey, I got Weston’s video. That was so awesome!!!!! I already
told him thank you, but tell him again. I showed Margerita and Evgenia that
vidoe during our lesson and they loved it!! haha
Love you guys!
Last thought. That roof pic was when I was with Elder Reesor. I am a
better example to Elder Williams! haha
 |
| Getting ready for New Years |
No comments:
Post a Comment