Great week!
 |
Teaching Elder Williams about nutrition |
I have a cold so that has been rough, but it
just makes the mornings hard. Once I get up and going it isn't bad. Studies are
great. I have been studying about grace and how it is an enabling power.
Interesting enough, one of the words used for grace in Russian can be
translated to charity. Everyone knows that we need to love the language, the
people, and the culture in order to be a good missionary. It has just been
cool to realize that the most important power God gives us to do missionary
work is simply, love.
 |
| That's right - double smack daddies |
Elder Williams has been doing a lot better. On splits
with Elder Schoenfeld and Anderson, I decided that I needed to let Elder
Williams figure things out on his own a little bit more. He had a rough night
one day and while returning home he expressed how frustrated he was about the
language. Of course, I wanted to give him some advice, but it didn't feel right
so I just listened and supported him. At home I had a thought to put on some
church music and to leave him alone for a while. An hour or so later I asked
him how he was now. He said that he was able to calm down when he listened to
the music and read his scriptures. It ended up being a big testimony builder
about the power of the scriptures. Pretty cool experience for Elder Williams
and I. It sometimes feels like I am all alone here in Novocherkassk training
him, though, the Lord is with me helping me and leading me to make the right
decisions.
 |
Also taught Elder Williams how to rig a lighter. All the things he is learning. |
I’m glad you and Elder Thayer’s mom are getting along so well, mom. You totally need more friends! I have loved chilling with Elder Thayer on the mission. He
is such a good guy. And next homecoming you see Elder Barlocker, tell him I am disappointed he wasn’t wearing my watch.
Things are good with Margerita. She is bringing us an
investigator in our next appointment with her. So everything is back to normal.
I guess this is someone that she lead to a different church quite a while back,
but now he has become interested in our church. I gave her some of that article
you sent me, Dad, but waited to read it. I will have to ask her what she
thought about it. Thanks for that, and make sure you tell Perry thanks from me.
 |
| Splits with Elder Schoenfeld |
 |
Still on splits. Went a little crazy and got a combination of burgers that when put together have a name I won't put on this blog. |
Update on Tanya (Tatianna) and Viktor: Even though
Tanya is in humbling circumstances, she paid a full tithe and fast offering
this last week. Viktor went to the temple to do baptisms in Kiev! We have been
blessed to be working with these two new converts!
Love you guys!
 |
| To end on a high note - they use to hang people off this pole |
No comments:
Post a Comment