Monday, June 13, 2016

If you're drunk, it doesn't hurt when chest hair is yanked out . . . apparently

Great week. It started off with Elder Osborn and I in a marshrutka (little buses you take everywhere). We were headed to a member's house that was quite far away. Right after we get in, three slobbering drunks get in as well. Elder Osborn and I try our best to be low profile, which is hard because the drunks are pretty funny. It didn't help that we're missionaries in white shirts. But we were ignoring the drunks, and then to  get our attention, one of the drunks puts his hand down the other's shirt and rips out a wad of chest hair and lays it on Elder Osborn's lap! Kind of hard not to laugh.

We have been working with a former investigator named Nikita. I met him at a baptism at the beginning of my mission and we have been pretty good friends since. The problem with him is that he won't read the Book of Mormon, though we got him to read 4 chapters by himself this week!

Trachtorny group went well yesterday. We still only have one person coming who doesn't also attend Center. It will be interesting after zone conference when Elder Osborn and I meet with president to see what council he will give us.

My boy, Fook! He is Korean, a new
convert, and one of my favorite
members in Center!
The best thing this week has been hanging out with the youth here in Center! I love them so much! They grow up in a very tough environment to be Mormon so you'd think it would take a bunch of super molly Mormons to survive this, but they aren't! They are so sick! haha We made this Youtube video for seminary on the Good Samaritan, even though the story was suppose to be from the Old Testament. It is pretty sick. You can check it out on my Contact account (Facebook for Russians/parent note: couldn't find this. If any of you do, let me know) that they made for me. We do a lot with the youth. We accidentally attended Young Women's this week (an appointment fell through). Though it was all good because they made some really good food. I got a haircut from one of the youth today, and then we all got together for basketball. I love spending time with them!

It has been kind of hard to balance time between Trachtorny and Center. Center is a good 30-40 minutes away, and Trachtorny  is another 30 minutes away. Add to that, no one wants to meet with us, so when things falls through, we usually go and visit an active member. Which reminds me!!!!!!

Pretty Russian sunset
So everything fell through a couple days ago and we start to head towards a member's house! We bump into an inactive young man, his babushka-aged mom, and her drunk boyfriend. The drunk boyfriend was a pretty funny dude. We get to their apartment and the drunk boyfriend comes and sits with me during the lesson. He keeps putting his arm around me saying не чё нормально, which doesn't really translate in English, but pretty much just means "everything's okay." Though when someone is putting their arm around you saying that this it kinda means, "just let it happen." haha It was crazy! Then, the babushka-mom calls the drunk boyfriend into the bedroom, which has no door. Then we start hearing stuff, and I am trying so hard to convince myself that, well, you know. I was a little relieved when the drunk boyfriend comes out fully clothed, but then I see out of the corner of my eye the babushka-mom in the doorway with not much on. As in, nothing!

Yeah, we didn't finish the lesson. I just felt so bad for the member! Can you imagine growing up in an environment like that?! Anyways, we will continue working with him, but at the branch!

Anyways, yeah this week has been great! Comp is great, very capable at the language and has really been helping me out! I just get worried about leaving this area. I love it so much!!


I love you guys!

Elder Weston

No comments:

Post a Comment