 |
| Still snowing in Russia |
I had a great study
this morning. It was in 2nd Nephi 29. I have been praying really hard through
the Isaiah chapters, trying to get something out of all the prophesying, but I
haven't been able to. Although Chapter 29 is not an Isaiah chapter, it really
spoke to me. A lot of people here say that we don't need a Book of Mormon, and Chapter
29 made me realize how important the Book of Mormon is. I also read in Ezekiel about
the joining of the two sticks and I read Moroni 7:45. I think I will have
Moroni 7:45 put on my missionary plaque. I read it over and over again today.
 |
When you just arrive in the
mission and your trainer makes
your planner cover |
Anyways, I found a lot
of joy in my study this morning, because I started off by reading in preach my
gospel, which says something along the lines of through diligent study, with a
thirsting for knowledge, you will have a desire to share the word. That stood
out to me. It is easy to lose the desire to share the word when you get
rejected over and over again. I realized this is one of the reasons we have our
studies, to rekindle that fire.
Work in Red Army is
going well! We had several lessons this week with members and less actives, and
now we are going to focus our work more on less actives and finding
investigators. So far we have two potentials that are promising.
 |
When you are a creative genius
and you make your own planner cover |
 |
| More creative genius |
I've been brain
storming new ideas for sharing the gospel. Though, I have noticed that I have
been stressing too much about it. Saturday night we went to Center
and participated in their talent show by putting on a play with some members.
It was amazing. Better than most ward parties in America. During the show a
thought came to my mind, "Elder Weston, your job is simple, be a good
missionary, and one day Red Army will be just like Center." Also,
something funny – right before the play, Elder Shonefield and I had to explain to Brother Sergei that he couldn't
call us black n****rs in the play because there were black people in the
audience! It took some persuading, but he finally agreed.
I am still going to
keep trying to be creative with the work, but I have to remember it is God's
work.
So excited to see a
pic of the Miata with the top off! It snowed this morning here. /: haha Seriously,
having a great time out here! Last night was pretty rough, but I had a great
study this morning and it has turned everything around! (: Crazy how powerful
the scriptures are!
Elder Weston
 |
| Oh bleen, I love you so. |
No comments:
Post a Comment