Monday, January 11, 2016

Uncle Yuri and Sasha

This week has been a good week!

We finally got our first investigator! We have been so blessed! He is probably the nicest guy in Russia. Once we met up with him he bought us a bunch of fruit and stuff because we don't drink chai or coffee! Then he took us to his house where he had us listen to music, read, and try out this funny butt vibrater thing. haha You stand on it and wrap a band around your body and it vibrates. haha We didn't get too much teaching done, so that was hard, but it is a start!
Was super cold and then got warm,
so everything turned to ice. I fell
three times so decided to get these
way stylish boots.

That night I started thinking about him and decided to fast for him to realize the importance of our message! I fasted and then during my fast I texted him to see if he was going to make it to church, and he said he was! So that made the 7 hours of proselyting time that day, where no one was interested, a lot easier!

Typical Russian road, so you
can totally see why I needed
those boots.
So, it wasn't all good. On Sunday we were in coordination meeting when he called and told us he wouldn't be coming after all. That was kind of tough for me. It is hard when you think you have received a blessing for a sacrifice you made and then that blessing is taken away from you. To say the least I was discouraged.

But then church comes around and 19 people showed up! I could not believe it! It was so awesome! Just goes to show - wait a little longer for the blessings.

It's funny, people call me all kinds of  names  here (no grandma, don't worry, not those kinds of names). I have been called Watson, Winston, and now our investigator, Uncle Yuri, calls me Sasha (short for Alexander). haha It has been pretty funny. Weston is just hard for Russians to say for some reason!
This candy is called holva. Way good.

Happy New Years once again, I love you all!

Elder Weston

p.s. speaking of New Years, my fitness goal started out a little rough. I did the 200 squats the first day and my legs were done for a couple days. haha I am out of shape on those. So my goal now is half  the number of squats - 700. I have been keeping up with everything else though! 100% so far! I just set daily goals every day and that makes it easy!


Getting off now! Have a goooooood week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment