 |
Forgot to take pictures this week so snapped some while writing emails. |
This week has been great! We have seen some great success! Monday
was a bit crazy but it all worked out! The coolest part of the day was the
meeting we had with Tatiana! She is completely ready to be baptized. It will
happen on the 17th! President had me practicing baptizing her and she was
pretty crazy when we did that. haha I worry for her. So please pray that I
won't drown her.(; It’s interesting, in most statistical ways we are back to
normal since the law changed. As far as baptisms go I think we will surpass
what we were doing soon.
Sunday was a hard day. A lot of things were going wrong.
Tatiana fell twice this week and wasn't able to come to church, and cancelled
the interview with president because she couldn't make it to the church. Our
branch president fell and broke his leg and is now in the hospital. Our star
member missionary Margerita fell and was not able to make it to church.
 |
| My buddy, Elder Reesor. |
Nothing was working out so I felt exhausted and stressed
out. I felt like I really needed some extra strength so I prayed and prayed and
didn't get any. So I gave up and told Elder Reesor that I was just going to
take a nap instead of eating dinner. I got on my bed and lay there. I couldn’t
sleep though I felt so uncomfortable. So I decided to get back on my knees and ask
for strength again. I prayed and prayed, and it still didn't come! What did
come was a prompting, though at the time I didn’t recognize it as such. The
prompting was to read the scriptures.
I started reading and felt like a completely new person! It
was so cool how fast all my problems were fixed just like that. I talked to
Elder Reesor and we decided to go visit some less actives. Some questions came
to my mind about what we should teach them and stuff like that so I said a
little prayer and immediately received an answer.
 |
| He can be scary sometimes. |
This little experience taught me a lot about the answers we
receive. It came to me that I will see God's hand working in my life most when
I am moving. If I’m not moving, have my head down, lying on my bed being a
baby, it is a lot harder to see God's hand in my life. He is always there, it
is just a matter of whether or not we acknowledge him and seek him. Through the
scriptures I was able to change my attitude, lift up my head, and get back to
work.
I am so grateful for my mission at this time!! I am learning
some great lessons and wouldn't trade this time for anything!
We had a bunch of snow the other day, but not as much since.
Nothing too crazy. I have started to wear my big brown coat and my boots
though! My hat is just a red beenie, though better material and warmer than my
other one. Only old people wear the traditional Russian ones on the streets.
I'm still teaching seminary, but the two girls got in a fight at school or
something so we are trying to figure that out.
I’m sorry to hear about grandpa. Let him know that I am
thinking about him.
Love,
Elder Weston
 |
| Blue Steel |
No comments:
Post a Comment