Monday, October 24, 2016

Viktor's baptism!!

Viktor and friends
Had a great week this week! We were planning on being in Rustov for half the week because of zone conference, a family history conference, and the baptism. The family history conference got cancelled though so we were able to get home and exceed our goals!

Ol' Brother Dmitri conducted. Glasses
the size of Mars and a magnifying glass
to read the program. He faced the wall
not the audience for some reason. We
had to yell at him when to stop reading
and tell him when to go up. haha. He
is the funniest old guy.
Christmas package arrived fast. Thanks
for the taco makings, Mom!!
Viktor's baptism went smoothly! Elder Reesor and I were the witnesses for the baptism. Viktor was the first one up when we had testimony meeting! I think that is a good sign that he is truly converted. He is such a great person and will be a lifetime benefit to the Novocherkassk branch. He received the Gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday from Elder Reesor and it all went perfectly. Better than perfect. Several less actives showed up to church, giving us an attendance of twenty! It hasn't been that high since I was here so that was awesome. Also there is a member who was reactivated by Elder Foote and Elder Reesor who we encouraged to bring a friend to church, and she did! We made her into our new investigator! So it was just great. We had a baptism and then the next day we get a promising investigator. The lesson went well and she accepted the commitment to read and pray.
Shared the tacos with English group and
for a birthday party.

For zone conference we were taught by Elder James B. Matrino of the Seventy. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to him and everyone else who spoke at conference. One thing I am really going to work on is the enthusiasm that Elder Martino has for the gospel. I think that is a big quality that separates great missionaries from good ones. I am not quite sure yet how it is going to happen but I am sure it has a lot to do with faith and prayer! So that is where Elder Reesor and I are going to start! We have set some ambitious goals and are going to work hard to accomplish them!
Birthday candle I made for Maria's
birthday. Ended up really catching
fire and we had to throw it out the
window.

After the conference, Elder Reesor and I identified a few part member families that we could work with. We have a family that could bring us two new investigators and another family that has a non-member husband. Add all that to our new investigator and that could give four new investigators!

Love you guys!
Wow, our house used to be a vacation
home for Alexander Pushkin! Who knew?


PS!!!! I got the Christmas package! And we did get to celebrate with tacos!! haha What a miracle, you totally called it mom! haha It was also a birthday of one of our English group people so we had a taco night!




Baptism party

No comments:

Post a Comment