Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Haunted basements. Every church has one, right?

Cat followed us into the elevator,
waited, went out and tried to come
into our house. Street cats are so
civilized and smart. They even
wait at crosswalks and wait for
the light!
So glad you guys had fun in St. George, and so glad you went to Sakura one night! That was a tradition for me and my friends whenever we went down there. Way good food! haha Paige, what a baby! I can't believe you were scared at the top of Angel's Landing!

You guys are awesome for starting every day of your trip off with a spiritual thought. That sounds like so much fun! haha I guess that is the missionary kicking into me! haha

The bottom of the font at the
Trachtorny meetinghouse.
Scary basement!
This week has been the most successful week on my mission! We got 4 new investigators and 11 lessons taught! Elder Osborn and I have been working really hard and are seeing a lot of success from it.  One of our new investigators is a DJ. He is pretty sick. He is pretty much a straight up gangster! haha I will have to baptize him so that I can get a picture with him!

This is Nikita. Best unicyclist
in the world. Cast
notwithstanding. And a
pretty good investigator!
I went on a transfer with Elder Ride and it was great learning from him. I did the split at his apartment, so I also got to see how he works with his companion around the house. I saw some things I could do better to be a better companion. I also have been re-motivated to switch up the way I do my language study. Elder Ride's language is very good, so I had a pretty good time learning from him.

The one thing that I came into the split wanting to learn was how I can find more joy in the work. I have a good time out here, though I do not wake up every morning excited to go find some people. There are some moments I feel like that, though I feel like I could do better at it.

Me and Karun. Such a great guy!
During the split I felt the spirit answer my question and it was to simply change my attitude. Which sounds like it should be easy, but this is the hardest thing for me to do at times! So this week I am going to be studying and praying about this subject.

I love Volgograd and Trachtorny. Still not a lot of success in Trachtorny, but we are still trying to find people there.

Love you,


Elder Weston
Cow tongue bleenie, courtesy
of my Ghana friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment