Thursday, November 19, 2015

Parasites are so tiny and cute

Careful, this stuff would
melt your face
Bio hazard bags or huge
Ute diapers
I'm not sure if I told you this last week but while I was writing my emails one of the Elders told me he had some kind of parasite. Well, that ended up meaning we all had to go get medicine. At the doctor's office they started telling us this big huge process of how we had to wash all our clothes again, dry clean the ones that couldn't be washed, disinfect all of our items, leave all of our belongings outside our new room, take a shower, put clean clothes on, wash clothes we were wearing while disinfecting, and then move back into a new room on the bottom floor (we used to be on top).

Yes, 90 bucks. Proof below.
It was a crazy but the benefit was now we are on the bottom floor with our whole zone, I got $90 worth of free dry cleaning, and now we are known as the district with the parasites. That's fun.

Something else that happened this week that was interesting was my companion changed! It was super sudden and kind of sad but it has been pretty cool! I am now serving with Elder Nelson! I am still teaching the same investigators but they are quite a bit behind. It's kind of hard because I saw how much progress they were making and now they are back where they used to be. Other than that, it has been super awesome. Nelson is such a funny guy and we have some good times together.

This week I heard from Elder Kim B. Clark of the seventy. He gave a really great talk. He shared a story that stood out to me quite a bit, I'll summarize it for you:

Me and Elder Nelson
There was this kid who grew up in the church and he never really liked it. By the time he was 18 he moved out and moved from Idaho to California. He joined this biker gang, one called "Hell's Angels," a pretty terrible gang. A lot of drugs, fights, and drinking. This man lived in this gang for quite a while. When he was around forty, somehow he found himself in New York. He had no idea how he got there. So he drove back to California to a safe house where they would kind of cool down when something like that happened. One day he was sitting on his front porch at the safe house. He saw these two missionaries walking by and he kind of cat called them as they walked by, thinking they were so clueless. He wasn't too worried because once someone touches the fence, these two Rottweiler's in the yard were trained to kill the person that was trying to get in. He watched the missionaries walk by, but then the missionaries stopped, spoke for a bit, then walked towards the house. Once they got to the fence the Rotweilers hit the fence and started growling and jumping everywhere. Then all of a sudden they stopped, walked to the side of the fence and went to sleep, then the gate opened.
District dudes

The guy was stunned. The missionaries walked to the man and said, how are you doing? The man was shocked and just muttered good. The missionaries then proceeded to ask him where he was from. He said Boise Idaho. One of the Elders said you wouldn't happen to know the Smith family would you? The man replied, I do, that is my mom and dad. Then the Elder replied, they are my mom and dad too, and I think I was sent here on my mission to bring you home.
Fam

I loved this story. No matter who you are, God will always put someone in your path. Perhaps he already has and you just haven't noticed it. I couldn't be happier to be doing the hardest thing I've ever done in my life right now. I hope you all know that you could feel that same happiness.

This story is a true story. Elder Clark proceeded to tell us that he gave this talk once in Pocatello Idaho and someone there new the man he was talking about, and the biker and his family had just gotten sealed in the temple a could days before the talk.

Way grubby
I love this. I hope that all of you know I love you and only want the best for you. I love being out here serving the Lord, and I can't wait to hear from you all next week.

старейшина уэстон






P.S. One of the  missionaries from the Ukraine drew this. He saw a picture of Christ and decided to make a version of it. Someone ended up asking if he wanted to start selling them and in a few months he made enough to pay for his mission. Mom, Dad, maybe you could have given me just a few more artistic skills?


1 comment:

  1. Do you happen to know where I can find a copy of this portrait of Christ? Do you know where it can be bought online? They had it displayed at an LDS ARP Fireside tonight, and your blog is the only place online showing the image. Thanks! silver.rayne@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete